Rating & Skill Clinics
Pilots interested in "leveling up" their skills or earning additional ratings can participate in several on-going instructional programs at Torrey.
The New 2013 Clinic Schedule
- SIV Clinic: March 8th to 10th ...Reserve Now!
- Tandem Clinic: March 29th to 31st
- Instructor Clinic: April 5th to 7th
- SIV Clinic: April 26th to 28th
- SIV Clinic: june 7th to 9th
- Owens Clinic: June 10th to 13th
- SIV Clinic: July 12th to 14th
- Tandem Clinic: August 2nd to 4th
- Instructor Clinic: August 9th to 11th
- SIV Clinic: August 23 to 25th
- SIV Clinic: September 20th to 22nd
- Owens Clinic: September 23 to 27
- SIV Clinic: November 1st to 3
Piloting is an sport of continual learning. Once you receive your rating to fly, your journey is just beginning. From there, you can continue to learn to earn more advanced ratings, as well as special skills that make you a more talented and versatile pilot. The Torrey Pines Gliderport offers several short (2-3 day) clinics throughout the year that let pilots continue to grown and learn.
ADVANCED RATING CLINICS
While you need a USHPA P3 or H4 rating to fly at Torrey, we can offer specialized instruction to help you reach your USHPA P4 and P5, or your H5. These clinics depend highly on the number of people interested, so please contact us if you'd like to learn more. Additionally, we also offer clinics to earn your paragiding Tandem Rating. With a Tandem rating, you are allowed to carry a passenger on a flight. Minimum required rating to start Tandem instruction is a P3.
INSTRUCTOR RATING CLINICS
We offer clinics to earn your Basic Instructor, Advanced Instructor and Tandem Instructor ratings for paragliding. These clinics can be a few to several days and the minimum rating is an active P3 in good standing.
SPECIAL SKILLS CLINICS
Additionally, we offer clinics in specific areas or skill: Cross Country, SIV/Acro/Tow, Thermaling, Ground Handling, Ridge Soaring, Reserve Repacking, Competition Training, and Flight Mechanics and Techniques. Our most popular is the SIV/Acro/Tow clinic, and we generally offer 2-3 of these a year.